On the Road and When, Depends on the State You Reside In

Students cannot wait until they can drive a car. They want to get a driver’s license as soon as they can.  It takes time to get the license. Students have to wait one year to get a half license. There are many different ways students can obtain a license.  Federal law states that a driver’s license can be obtained at the age of 16.  To obtain a permit is determined by each individual state. For example, in the State of Arizona, one cannot get a driver’s permit until the age of 15 and seven months. Arizona does not require Driver’s Education classes. The most important factor being in that state is the age requirement. The State of Iowa does require students to complete Driver’s Education and drive for one year after receiving a permit.

imagesThe laws in South Dakota states that a person must have an intermediate license for 90 days and carry the that license on their person at all times when operating a motor vehicle. Iowa law says the students have to have a permit for one year. After obtaining a permit, the students are required to take Driver’s Education classes in that time.  After completion of Driver’s Education, the student can request permission for a school permit. The next step is receiving the half license. The student then will take the driver’s test to get a full license.

Rules and safety must be followed by the driver in the car to keep the roads accident free. Rules may vary on the type of driving the student does with the parent or on the road. The most important points that parents stress to the student is do not get in an accident, be safe and also always follow the rules. Distracted driving has been such a hot topic and students are often seen texting or talking on their phone or playing music too loud. This has caused many close accidents or accidents. It is also difficult for the drivers to hear emergency vehicles behind them.

drivers-license-iclipThe students and parents take driving very seriously. A common theme of the parents is to make a contract the son or daughter to sign. The contract is to be followed or the student would receive consequences. Although there are many different rules in different states it is imperative to be aware of the laws in each individual state.  Students spend a lot of time on the road. Rules should be adhered to, the police should be respected and safety should be followed. Driving is a privilege not a requirement. Learning to drive is one of the most exciting times in students lives and should be a time for memories, not accidents.